In the article “Why our colons are happy homes for bacteria,” Futurity reported about new research that:
highlights the notion that we are not alone. We knew that bacteria are in our gut, but this study shows that specific microbes are very intimately associated with our bodies. They are living in very close proximity to our tissues, and we can’t ignore microbial contributions to our biology or our health. They are a part of us.
Unfortunately, policy makers generally do not make the protection of our friendly microbes (from the corporations that are putting them at risk) even close to a priority. A variety of products—including some pesticides, medications, nanomaterials, and processed foods—appear to be putting our friendly microbes in harm’s way. As a result, our health has been put in greater jeopardy.
9 Notes/ Hide
- sweetndsourpork reblogged this from environmentalillnessnetwork
- truthforevermore reblogged this from environmentalillnessnetwork
- truthforevermore likes this
- cyriloneous likes this
- doithansel likes this
- fortunategoldrush reblogged this from environmentalillnessnetwork
- anwaar7 likes this
- environmentalillnessnetwork posted this